Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crazy week, to say the least

1. The first part of the week was a whirlwind. Im trying to switch my meeting day to Thursday fro Tuesday. Ana ended up sick on Tuesday, so I had to help with her, as Dara is still on this semi-bed rest gig with the pregnancy. So that moved things around.

2. My grandma died on Wednesday and we left on Thursday to be with the family and speak at the funeral on Saturday.

3. Thursday night my phone feel off the dash and into an open cup of tea in the cup holder. I didnt realize it happened for about 5 minutes. When I pulled my BlackBerry out of the cup the entire screen was full of tea. Not good. Yeah, it still doesnt power on...

4. The hotel we staye din was nice, and the kids loved being there, but the internet wouldnt work right. So i had no email access or phone service. I wasnt pleased as I'm too addicted to being connected.

5. Funeral was Saturday, and we didnt get to leave STL until late by the time we went to the grave and then back to the church to eat with everyone. It was great to see so many family members from far away. My grandma was a wonderful woman and loved by many. Thankfully she is now back with my Grandpa and rejoicing with Jesus.

6. I was honored to be able to say some things about my grandma today and read the letters the family wrote to and bout her. It was a moving time, but I held my composure. I lost it years ago today at my grandpas funeral, as my role was the same at his as well.

I loved them both dearly, and they will truly be missed. I have to say I still dream of Grandpa Brown. I cant wait to run with him some day again in Heaven as we rejoice about Jesus toegther, and sit on some porch and sip a soda out of can with a straw with my Grandma Anna Ruth Brown. My little girl Ana was named after her, and our great friend Anna Tucker...

Grandma and Grandpa Brown you both will always be near my heart. Longing to see you again...

2 comments:

Angela said...

Praying for you guys - always.
So sorry to hear about your grandma.

joshua said...

Thanks Angela! We all need the prayers. Glad your blogging again!