Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blogging Integrity crisis

Apparently I have one. My last post I said I'd update the next day and I didn't... as you know I didn't for a long time.

So here's the story that rocked me last week.

Tom Jacob's was speaking at a leadership meeting last week. During his talk he told a story of when he was pastoring a church in Sioux City. He had a board member (I think that's how the story went) that was one of the early guys in Gateway computers. The guy oozed leadership. He retired at 31. Tom asked him to meet with him once a week to just pour some of his leadership knowledge into Tom in a mentorship sort of way.

They meet weekly for quite some time, until one day the guy asked to meet in a different location. Tom quickly agreed. They sat down and the guy says to Tom, "Tom what I want to talk about today is something pretty personal I've noticed. Tom, you have an integrity issue."

Most pastors. as Tom did began to play back anything that could be considered and issue. At a loss he asked what?

The mentor looked at him and said, "Its not big things, its the little things. You say by next Thursday you'll do this or that. Its a small trivial thing, but you dont always accomplish it."

That is an integrity issue. Its not just the major things, its all those little things left unchecked, that begins the crack in the dam.

So I have a blogging integrity issue, im going to resolve!

Im in Dallas right now at C3, so I'm not promising a post tomorrow...

Under promise and over deliver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hermes handbag , an ultimate fashion accessory that holds special place in heart of every fashion enthusiast. The reason behind the huge popularity of Kelly bag lies in the fact that these bags are true masterpiece in terms craftsmanship and exceptional quality. Made from finest leather quality, each Kelly bags is hand made.
Although the war between the FDA and the manufacturers of daidaihua rages on, the facts remain that lida slimming is an excellent fat burning tool. It is, generally speaking, both safe and effective when taken as directed. slimming capsule is a drug and needs to be treated with respect and never abused. If you've never taken slimming capsules before, you probably have many questions such as: Should I take an lida based product? How much should I take? When should I take the first dose? How long should I use lida daidaihua ?
Are you the Chanel Wallet bag fans or replica Chanel handbags collector? Which one are you, you must be well familiar with Chanel which is the representative of international luxury bags. I admit that I’m the duteous follower and supporter of chanel watches . I wish with every fiber of my being that more online stores stocked vintage luxury bags.
You think you are buying a uk Tiffany because the price calls for it but in fact; you are just buying the silver necklaces , which is a very bad thing for you because it is not a good thing to happen. If you will only think on how it is to have such things, you have to get from an authorized silver pendants dealer so you will not be fooled by whatever Tiffany bracelets is that you need to have for yourself or for your special someone.