Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mark Driscoll

Here is the recap of Marks talk today. check out daras blog for Ed Young and Craig Groeschel.

Religion says if you obey God He will love you.

Gospel says, because God loves you, you can obey.


Religion says world about good and bad people.

Gospel sees people as repentant and unrepentant.


Religion is about your birth family.

Gospel doesn’t care about your natural birth, but your new birth.


Religion is about what I do.

Gospel is about what Jesus has done.


Religion is about getting from God. (make me happy, give me what I want. Religion is the stick and God is the piƱata)

Gospel is about giving God as the gift.


Religion sees hardship as punishment.

Gospel recognizes not all suffering is bad. Good fruit can come out of suffering.


Religion ends u in two wicked places. About me it ends in pride or despair.

Gospel ends in confident humility.


The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Do you really love God or do you love
religion?


Take a moment and really think about the false gospel of religion that only leads to idolatry and despair.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

I'm so excited for you and Dara and have been praying that you will receive all God has for you. Can't wait to hear more, maybe watch some DVDs from the trip. I'm ready for your "I've got an idea" list!!

Angela said...

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your time there...I'm completely envious and can't wait to hear all about it! They know how to do a conference, don't they?
I saw on Ed Young's blog that his dad talked about kids. I'm sure it was amazing!
I love the updates...keep 'em comin'! Enjoy the rest of your time there!