Saturday, January 06, 2007

Blog Hiatus

Just like any good television show, my blog took a hiatus for December.

I have to say that I have really missed sitting down and collecting my thoughts in the blogosphere. A whole lot has happened in the Josh brain the past month. WOW!

First I have been taking a class called Christ Life. Absolutely amazing. You can check it out at here. I am going to recommending that all of the church team leaders begin the classes in 2007. It radically changes your thought patterns about nearly everything. It begins to renew your mind as the Word teaches to really let Jesus be the source of strength, vision and encouragement in your life. So many of us have let our past experiences determine who we are today, and not really live in the promises we find in Jesus.

It isn't an easy process, but it has been life altering for me and my family. I also have had a lot of time to begin planning the 07 year for JCFC. Really evaluating who we are and what we want to do for the kingdom this year.

It is paramount that we are intentional about several things. One of the those things is discipleship. From the very beginning of JCFC, even in the dream stages, "disciple tracks to run in" so to speak have been on my heart. To this point we haven't put the emphasis there that needed to be there. So we are going that direction now! The Buzz and our new life groups (especially Alpha) are going to really drive us to that.

It is important that we keep the main thing the main thing. If not we just end up with chaos. The main thing is leading people into a personal relationship with Christ. I think that this community is going to be eternally changed by the Church. Not just JCFC, but the church of Jesus.

I have partnered with and meet with several pastors here in town and we want to change our city. It is the heartbeat of God to be at the very center of the lives of this town.

God it is my prayer that I am centered on you. That you lead and direct my footsteps everyday.

My scripture for at least January is Romans 8:28. All things work together for the good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose.

All things, God is working on all things for our good. What a God.

No comments: